• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

UA-RU | DISCUSSIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have taken all of those years of "stability" and flushed them down the toilet in the past seven months.
Not "we". Just Russia/Putin for starting a full on war without any valid justification.

West is simply doing its obligation and helping Ukraine defend itself. Only Putin is the one willing and threatening to escalate. 💁‍♂️🙄
 
Okay I'm very short on time and sorry for lacking on the forms but Elon Musk is an a******. He is a billionaire with zero compression of how geopolitics work and he's only in it for the money. He talked to Putin and Putin more than likely offered him cheap lithium deposits which Russia definitely has.
He is responsible to his shareholders. I for one, do not want to fund the UA’s communications indefinitely. They had an emergency (invasion) and now they are going on the offensive. They need to pay for the service or find another way to communicate. IMHO you are being unreasonable. It’s been over six months.
😇
 
Serious question - because this goes both ways. The real question is the USA ready to go to WW3 with Russia over Donbass and Crimea- yes or no?
No one, or very few here is advocating for US or nato troops to enter Ukraine to directly fight Russia.
I’ve advocated for nato aircraft in Ukraine, but your right we should have a congressional vote on that. I’m ok with that.

But as of yet we’re not there.

And arguing now that because we might end up there or this could be WW3 we should vote now on a declared war against Russia.
Well they pretty much have done that when they voted to send military aid to Ukraine. Which we’ve had several votes on this year and in past years.
If we had continued that military aid to Ukraine in 2021 as planned and trending from previous admin we might not be here today.

None of this is new, none of this hasn’t been debated publicly or in congress.

Your argument is because we have voted and done this we actually must vote on WW3. That’s not really the way our constitution works. It does provide ways for the congress and president to provide military aid to other nations short of declaring war.
The question of how this “foreign policy” choice is changed is not done by constitutional legality but politically at the voting booth.
 
By USA and USSR not directly fighting. We have taken all of those years of "stability" and flushed them down the toilet in the past seven months.
And as it continues to escalate to direct USA v. Russia war, we inch closer to nuclear Hot War.
If I ever bother to vote again, it will against EVERYONE holding office today. I don't care their party, their position, their identity, etc.
Their advocacy and/or silence is enough to permanently disqualify them from public office.
Anyone who thinks this is acceptable has no place in representative government.
Your arguing against human nature and history, It just is - there is no snapping our fingers to make bad shit go alway.
You just deal with what you have and move forward.
 
In fact it is US obligation to aid or defend Ukraine because of you know that treaty we made them sign to give up their nukes? 🤦‍♂️ You know that treaty, the one Russia took a fat shit on by wrongfully invading them? 🤦‍♂️
I’m 100% for meeting our obligations to Ukraine, however there was no treaty. There was a memorandum or a missive. It carried the written intent of Putin and Clinton both of which are Bell Weathers of veracity.

I wish that the Ukraine had gotten a treaty in writing or kept their nukes. I’ll bet they do too.
 
I wish that the Ukraine had gotten a treaty in writing
Memorandum, treaty, agreement verbal/written or a missive regardless we said we would aid in their defense if their territorial integrity was threatened also regardless how long ago it was or who was leading durring it.

That's more then enough for us to be doing what we are doing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Torch
Maybe I am. But I know if someone talks to Putin and same day or day after does exactly what Putin would want. Hmmmm. Yea okay no not at all, Musk must of been offered something to do it.. 🤦‍♂️🙄
DN what day did Ian Bremmer say musk talked to putin? Not when he posted the tweet but the actual conversation. I read his tweets on this and looked for additional sources for this reported recent conversation. No where does it say when this supposed conversation happened. At least I cant find one. If there is a valid source let me know it would make a difference.

But if Bremmer’s tweet is the source of this conversation it could just as easily been in reference to musk remarks about a conversation w/putin in 2021.
And Bremmer is just being a asshat and posting about it now because it’s convenient and will play well.
 
DN what day did Ian Bremmer say musk talked to putin?
Not sure. Been to busy busy lately to keep up with stuff. Why I have not been posting reports hardly anymore and not making serious analysis. Just dicking around when I come on to do Mod stuff like break up fights or move posts and quickly log back off.

because it’s convenient and will play well.
Sure does and regardless if it true or not hope this sets Musk back a lot and likly will. Future investment from private and public sector are going to dip for Musk. Shows him right anyways.
 
So yea its the Russians people fault as well after all this time. They know the truth but just don't care. Even their protests are weak as hell.
Hard to protest when you get arrested and sent to Siberia (or now the Ukraine front).

Plus remember they are bombarded with propaganda. They don't know what is happening.

I don't blame the majority of Russian people. This is Putin's war.
 
Not sure. Been to busy busy lately to keep up with stuff. Why I have not been posting reports hardly anymore and not making serious analysis. Just dicking around when I come on to do Mod stuff like break up fights or move posts and quickly log back off.


Sure does and regardless if it true or not hope this sets Musk back a lot and likly will. Future investment from private and public sector are going to dip for Musk. Shows him right anyways.
So it doesn’t matter if it wasn’t the day before he shut stsrlink off he talked to Putin.
My point is it does us no good to just be a Putin hater.
I don’t agree with musk peace proposal. But to defame him as a Putin enabler without facts is counter productive.
If there was a conversation between them, in say last month. Then yeah there might be something going on.

But if Bremmer posted that tweet “now” knowing it was about a conversation over a year ago. Then that a self serving cheap shot on Bremmer, not musk.

Musk probably shut the starlink off because everyone played pile on criticizing his peace plan tweet.

If that’s the case well stupid is on them for biting the hand of someone who actually was helping you with supposedly useful tech.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Six
Starlink doesn't make that much money. There are only 1 million users in the entire world.

Right now, Starlink loses money.
All the other charity Ukraine has received was paid for at some point. If starlink is vital to Ukraine war effort it's worth paying for. I don't see any military contractors doing anything from the goodness of their hearts.
 
He is responsible to his shareholders. I for one, do not want to fund the UA’s communications indefinitely. They had an emergency (invasion) and now they are going on the offensive. They need to pay for the service or find another way to communicate. IMHO you are being unreasonable. It’s been over six months.
😇
Also you dont know how geopolitics will play out over over the next 10 years and Musk maybe hedging his bet. if we lose our hegemony to the East. No one can tell how things will look but guaranteed the west will be in a massive financial decline.
 

I wonder if Lukashenko and the MyPillow guy are long lost brothers? They seem to have the same penchant for bombastic hyperbole.

---

Please Continue Here:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom