• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Coronavirus March 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
French Navy to Deploy Mistral-class LHD Tonnerre for Coronavirus Response -

• UK government covers wages for virus-hit businesses
  • More soldiers needed in Italy's hardest hit region to enforce emergency lockdown, governor says
  • 2 individuals linked to Pentagon test positive for coronavirus
  • Canada will turn back asylum seekers from the US border
  • US Army closing recruiting stations, shifting to virtual recruiting
  • Liquor stores will remain open under New York mandate, association says
  • Large increase in firearms purchases during pandemic contributed to background check delays

News That Should Be Highlighted:
  • Michigan suspends non-essential medical and dental procedures
  • US has fewer hospital beds than Italy per capita
  • US now has at least 16,300 coronavirus cases

Alarming News:
  • Illinois governor issues "stay-at-home" order for entire state
  • Connecticut governor asks all non-essential employees to "stay home to stay safe"

Economic Impact:
  • Stocks close down, marking the worst week since 2008
  • US businesses will suffer a $4 trillion decline due to coronavirus, hedge fund predicts
  • Florida governor orders all restaurants to provide takeout and delivery only
  • The Florida Keys will close to visitors starting Sunday night
  • United Airlines executives warn employees of massive job cuts if Congress doesn't act
  • Delta CEO: Second quarter revenue will decline 80% from last year due to coronavirus

-CNN Live News Feed

Last edited:
  • There is an "indefinite backlog" of testing kits from federal government, Nevada governor says
  • 17 doctors die of coronavirus in Italy
  • Italy bans jogging in stricter quarantine measures
  • New Orleans' mayor issues "Stay Home" mandate
  • US official implies about 170,000 Americans have been tested for novel coronavirus

-CNN Live News Feed

BREAKING: Italy reports 5,986 new cases of coronavirus and 627 new deaths, raising total to 47,021 cases and 4,032 dead https://t.co/eUoE2b20hL

UPDATE: Sharp ↗️ in #Coronavirus deaths today

• Italy +627
• Spain +212
• Iran +149
• UK +40
• Netherlands +30
• US +17
• Belgium +16
• Indonesia +7
• Sweden +5
• Greece +3
• China +3
• S Korea +3
• Peru +3
• Algeria +2
• Ecuador +2
• Gabon +1

Covid-19 tracker

BREAKING: Turkey has confirmed 311 new cases of #coronavirus and 5 new deaths, raising the country's total to 670 with 9 confirmed deaths.
UPDATE: Brazil reports 257 new cases of coronavirus and 4 new deaths, raising total to 904 cases and 11 dead https://t.co/eUoE2b20hL
#BREAKING: France reports 1617 new cases of #coronavirus and 78 new deaths, bringing the total to 12,612 cases with 450 deaths. 1,587 people have recovered while 1,297 people are in serious condition.

NEW: UK reports 714 new cases of coronavirus and 33 new deaths, raising total to 3,983 cases and 177 dead https://t.co/eUoE2b20hL

#BREAKING UK tells cafes, pubs, clubs, restaurants, gyms, theatres to close to fight the #Coronavirus https://t.co/2OdbHVCdps

#BREAKING: 4 new #coronavirus deaths have been reported in Sweden, raising the country's death toll to 16. 1623 cases have been confirmed - 43 of whom are in intensive care.

#BREAKING Spain reports 2,833 new #coronavirus cases and 235 new deaths, raising the country's total to 19,980 cases with 1,002 confirmed deaths.

#BREAKING Malaysia reports 130 new cases #coronavirus, raising the country's total to 1,030. https://t.co/StZsWsVvxN

#CCP asking people to turn in passports, including primary school students'. Rumor: 1. All passports will be revoked after 3 months. Permits needed to get new ones. 2. In the name of battling #CCPVirus, cash notes will be done away with, new notes issued, to "resolved" inflation https://t.co/sBwpHQHpl6

Army has prepared a massive field hospital (5,500 beds) in Madrid. Hotels (emptied of guests) to be used as well #lockdownspain

BREAKING - Nursing staff from the Philippines are to help Germany in the care of #COVID19 patients. According to the Hessian Hospital Association, a "recruitment flight" for intensive care personnel is planned.

BREAKING:
Major London hospital declares 'critical incident' after running out of ICU beds due to surge in Covid-19 cases

One senior director in the capital just told me - 'this is f**king petrifying'

Free to view

• Officials consider "Covid wards" and "self test" to ease strain on health care system
  • Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers close over coronavirus concerns
  • French city of Nice imposes curfew to fight coronavirus
  • Someone in vice president's office tests positive for coronavirus
  • Epidemiologists deploying to investigate multiple coronavirus cases in SW Georgia county
  • More men than women in Italy are dying from coronavirus, says White House's response coordinator

News That Should Be Highlighted:
  • Alabama's governor activates its national guard
  • There are more than 18,000 cases of coronavirus in the US
  • FDA cracks down on fake coronavirus tests, preventions and treatments
  • General Motors will help produce ventilators for coronavirus
  • Italy called in the military to enforce coronavirus lockdown after 627 people died in 24 hours
  • China reports no new locally transmitted virus cases for the third day in a row
  • The numbers worldwide:
    • More than 272,000 people have contracted the virus
    • 11,310 have died

Economic Impact:
  • US businesses will suffer a $4 trillion decline due to coronavirus, hedge fund predicts
  • UK government will pay 80% of wages as it closes pubs to fight the coronavirus
  • Cuba will close its borders to combat the spread of coronavirus
  • Yosemite National Park closed until further notice
  • Miami Beach orders all hotels to shut down and establishes curfew
-CNN Live News Feed

Last edited:
Germany Cases currently rising ~5.000/Day. Will reach ~ 25.000 Today.

a country-lockdown for germany is being discussed today. result expected tomorrow.

I have to say I am glad I hit the road when I did to our fall back shelter. I hear my city and the city next to my peace-time homestead (Millwaukee/Waukesha/WI) reporting a lot of violence and repeated attempts of theft by any means or customers fighting others over what if anything is left.

When the lock-down happens nationwide & the realization that there isn't enough truck drivers in the US right now to keep the stores stocked at current panic buying rate shit will hit the fan and it will quick because Americans are really ignorant now a days. NOT EVEN mentioning the millions of people out of a job that will also need things, at minimum crime is going to skyrocket to the moon at a 20-25% unemployment rate.

Will be sad, we may see US national guard/military shooting at US civilians in conflict because armed riots or armed looting rampages. Read a article that the sales of guns went up 250 percent. I mean Europe can't really revolt to what the government is doing to them because they don't have the weapons or pure ignorance like most Americans have.

Just think about it for a second. Not to mention the total and complete miss-management of the containment of this Virus since it started...........if you have not yet launched your SHTF plan yet, you should now. ESPECIALLY if you are in a major city or in the regional area of a major city.

EDIT: Let's face it America has rioted many times for a lot less than current crisis. I would expect the ghettos in cities to be the first to riot IMO if current circumstances play out in the near future.

Last edited:
Virus Fears Fuel Spike in Sales of Guns and Ammunition

Gun and ammunition sales up sharply amid COVID-19 fears

Stock Up On Guns And Ammunition During Coronavirus Crisis

It’s not unexpected, It just isn’t.
The economic loss and the subsequent real pain this will cause people will over shadow the death in the long run.

That sounds crass but economic loss is real especially when your not talking about the loss of decimal point or two of a wealthy persons net worth. But of people working 40 hrs and making mortgage payments and wondering how to pay bills already.
We’ve printed decimal points worth of money repeatedly to rescue banks and industries.
If ever their was a time to do now is.

There will be a cost to it though and I hope we can bare it.

There will be a cost to it though and I hope we can bare it.
I just don't have faith in ordinary Americans. Even more so for the inner city to keep calm and carry on through shortages, shutdowns, MASSIVE loss of jobs mainly your average Joe jobs. The Police Forces, National Guard, and US Military have a difficulty job coming up keeping order in America. We can not count on critical decisive action from politicians low & high in the government, they have 100% dropped the ball on this all actions already and being taken are way to late to the game.

----

BREAKING NEWS:
-Four senators (likely more) sold stocks shortly after a January briefing in the Senate on the novel coronavirus outbreak, unloading shares that plummeted in value a month later as the stock market crashed in the face of a global pandemic.

----

((THIS IS REALLY MESSED UP THAT THE GOVERNMENT KNOW ABOUT THE SEVERITY OF COVID-2019 FOR THE U.S A MONTH BEFORE THINGS TURNED SOUR!!! SENATORS SOLD OFF ALL THEIR STOCKS BEFORE THE STOCK MARKET CRASH BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE VIRUS WAS GOING TO MAJORLY EFFECT AMERICA... BUT YET THEY DID NOT START MAKING MORE STOCK FOR MEDICAL SUPPLIES, EQUIPMENT, AND SO MUCH MORE UNTIL JUST NOW VERY RECENTLY.... This news almost makes me want to cry, to know my government failed me in such a shitty, disappointing, and shiesty way. Democrat or Republican, they both failed us all.))

Last edited:
Of the 147 new cases, 69 are in Daegu and 40 are in North Gyeongsang, the KCDC said. The total number of confirmed cases in Daegu and North Gyeongsang, the two epicenters of the virus outbreak here, stood at 6,344 and 1,243, respectively.

Other major provinces and cities have also reported some infections, with Seoul identifying 15 additional cases and its surrounding Gyeonggi Province adding 12 more cases.

The country's death toll has surpassed 100 since it reported its first fatality a month ago

Coronavirus updates:
- Iran: 966 new cases, 123 new deaths
- Belgium: 558 new cases, 30 new deaths
- Austria: 278 new cases
- Israel: 178 new cases
- Malaysia: 153 new cases, 1 new death
- Thailand: 89 new cases
- Philippines: 77 new cases

Status
Not open for further replies.