• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

ROC-CCP | DISCUSSIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were convinced China wouldn't dare try anything. In such case everyone should just relax. Plenty of US support around.
You're right China wouldn't dare to start anything with the United States.

But a misunderstanding or miscalculation leading to a military provocation between China & Taiwan is a different story as I did mention in my previous post on my anylisis of this. "Big problem yes, but not world ending."

Last edited:
Would be a concern until Pelosi is off the ground and back under the umbrella. If China doesn't want any shit, don't start any shit.
A thought keeps crossing my head that the moment Nancy Pelosi leaves, China is going to open up on Taiwan... Though hope I am extremely wrong about this.

This isn't a world war threat. But still very bad if we lose Taiwan economically...

This isn't a world war threat. But still very bad if we lose Taiwan economically...
Almost all advanced civilian and military technologies are based on the taiwanese chip industry.
Imagine being send back by 20 years technologically.
It would be a strategic loss on all levels!

Whoever controls technology controls the world.

You have to wonder all this saber rattling by China is just to deflect from their bank crisis and others issues going on there right now. If China doesn't start saber rattling, no one would have cared at all she is over there right now. It would have barely made the news.

Why are we still what, exactly?
The first website is fine, it's not down.
The second is responding with OK...which means that they likely had the CSS/JS/HTML/Whatever they used removed due to a pro Chinese host provider.

Hah...FU China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh wow 1997, good grief that’s like it’s never happened before.
You know what’s funny.
The CCP lobbied and pushed this stupid word salad about “One China”.
Thinking all along - great we’ve done it we’ve all but made Taiwan ours again, you know because it says so in the title.
Their like name it and claim it Christians - if we just keep everybody saying it over and over and are diligent in correcting their wrong thinking. Well then Taiwan will just magically be back in the fold one day.
What they didn’t potentially consider is that one day sooner than later mainland Chinese people might actually get their own thinking correct and be back in the fold of the ROC.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and just say. Yeah they have lots of toys and shoot really cool videos and their a real tiger, grrrrreat!

But you know when they got into a rock fight with India it ended up basically a draw.
The CCP hasn’t won a successful military engagement against an armed opponent since it took over.

The thing to mind is this.
We’re already doing it in Ukraine being overly cautious to be too engaged.
If something comes of this there will be no resupply of Taiwan so “they” can keep fighting.

If you cannot say with some certainty that the American public will not be having kittens if a major US warship is hit with one or more anti-ship missiles.
Then go cautiously.

My concern more than anything at this point is the American publics reaction or lack of.

What was going on in Ukraine again????

They are doing drills but they intend on doing it in taiwan's Defense Zone which is an act of War. Taiwan will not sit there and let China conduct live fire exercises in its Defense Zone.
I don't know too much about defense zones, especially direct countries: I know a bit about economic zones: are defense zones just like economic zones, but only allow for said countries' military equipment, or is it like that country's border?

I don't know too much about defense zones, especially direct countries: I know a bit about economic zones: are defense zones just like economic zones, but only allow for said countries' military equipment, or is it like that country's border?
It's the same everywhere. 20 sum miles off the coast is Territorial Waters where other nations navies are not free to move around their "Defense Zone".

Economic zones go up to 200 miles out and are NOT regarded the same if military boats move through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.