• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

UA-RU | DISCUSSIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia has used the disputed Ukraine territories to draw a line in the sand with the globalists from the West. This is long past being "about Ukraine," but it is a much more dangerous situtation. Ukraine's Donbass territories and Crimea are not simply about territory to Russia. It is also a steam-valve release of their frustration and disgust with West (USA) world leadership. We can denounce Russia dictator Putin, his cruel invasion of Ukraine, and still realize there is a broader strategic problem underlying all of this.

It is about Russia leadership public position that it will no longer accept that USA-led "hegemony" must dictate world events and security. They genuinely believe this. I understand some will think this is ONLY Russia dictator Putin's thinking and dismiss it's existence. I respect that POV, but think it is short-sighted. Just like we Westerners rightly think "we must stop Russia's aggression," there are others with opposite view thinking "we must stop USA's control over all the world."

Unfortunately, not just in Russia, but also in other parts of ROW, there is thinking that not only Russia is a cruel bully, but also that USA is as well. Strategic thinking on world security would recognize there are views outside of our own. After the fall of the USSR, over past 30 years, many in USA have gotten used to idea of unipolar superpower. Russia and China will challenge this, not just here in Ukraine, but also around the world, and other nations will follow. The concept of a unipolar USA-led superpower approach will only last so long in the 21st century. We rightly call it "rules-based" global policy, but when we are making most the rules, other nations will see it differently.

I made a list of recent global escalation between Russia and USA over the past two weeks, that I think has disappeared (?). Regardless, our view of the world sees this conflict as Russia vs. Ukraine. But the more dangerous problem is the conflict of Russia vs. USA. I respect many of us don't want to discuss that, but in terms of nuclear security, we must.
You're overthinking it. It makes more sense when you realize Putin is just a mafia boss masquerading as a world leader. At the end of the day, it's about how much cash flow goes to him and the oligarchy. He won't ever risk that....especially more than he already has.

Chatter that Zelensky is in panic mode and is upset with the US and NATO. He doesn't want to be a martyr and is freaking out about Oct 5th. Are his handlers losing control?

You're overthinking it.
The concept that it is "overthinking" to recognize that the enemy has a POV of the world as well, is the main problem USA has today. The enemy is correct about its assessment on USA hegemony. We simply see that as a "good thing," so we don't see anything "wrong" with that.

I am going to use an analogy some will find offensive and I apologize in advance (but please understand it as JUST an analogy): just like those whites used to living in a nation based on white supremacy would also not "see anything wrong" with that. That actually does not make them innately bad or evil either, simply not able to step outside their view of the world. But just like national social cohesion requires more than one point of view, so does global social cohesion as well.

Today we just see global social cohesion needs to be done the USA way.

The challenge here is we really do NOT see this as a Russia vs. USA issue, largely because our cultural POV prevents us from this perspective. But others in ROW have a different perspective. We can condemn Russia dictator Putin and his cruel invasion of Ukraine, and also realize there are larger issue that are the undercurrent for this WORLD conflict. This is more than theory; it undermines our ability to assess the threat.

To be honest after all this FOAB talk, does anyone else think that Russia nuking Ukraine will be a modern day equivalent of the bombing of Japan?

I mean would it lead to another arms race or spy race which will lead to a new variant of the cuban mis crisis?

Could Russia nuking Ukraine be a modern day equivalent of the bombing of Japan in the sake of saying "we aren't afraid to do this, or do it again". I feel like it might give them more security, but sure the sanctions will hurt.

I guess because the 4th of Oct the territories officially become Russian territory. Maybe a formal declaration of war then decapitation strikes by Russia against decision making centers.
Putin will not do a damn thing, he can't. Chickens don't fly because they don't have wings... Countdown till Putin is strung up is weeks.

Ok feel free to prove me wrong on this , the west satellites don't have 24/7 eyes on Russia giving them windows of opportunity to move things around? And tactical nukes don't give signature readings at all compared to icbms? Meaning it isn't hard to surprise attack with tactical nukes as it is undetectable and no one would know in advance if the warhead is conventional or tactical nuke until detonation.? Some food for thought.🤔🧐
Most modern countries have satellites that rotate with earth, so they are stationed to watch one direct area 24/7, some of those can be moved within space to view a new area constantly.

I think it's called geostationary.

Most modern countries have satellites that rotate with earth, so they are stationed to watch one direct area 24/7, some of those can be moved within space to view a new area constantly.

I think it's called geostationary.
Thankyou appreciate the information 🤝👍 any info on my other theory of tactical nukes not being traceable and only detected once detonated.?

@Yingyang

They are called geostationary. Most spy satellites now adays are geostationary, and they can move themselves to become geostationary within another spot above earth at will. Idk how it works, but it works.

I don't know how we refuel them, but maybe it's from solar panels...but then how can it be stealth? I don't know. All I know is they can change orbit and do geospatial orbit.

Thankyou appreciate the information 🤝👍 any info on my other theory of tactical nukes not being traceable and only detected once detonated.?
I mean you can "hide the shape" or "hide the payload", but a lot of things are accounted when looking at nuclear weapons such as the launching stage (the size of the propulsion system) and the general shape of the top of the rocket.

Typically nations know about launching stages and what they can handle, and they'll look at how the object looks or direct markings. If you can hide what's inside of a launch platform you can hide what weapon you have, but they can determine what you have by what they know you have due to human int, sigs int, and such.

It's a process of elimination. If I know that your launch stage can support 20 pounds, and it supports blank warheads, I can eliminate things I know aren't compatible.

Think of like, if a car is a Kia, you likely aren't going to see a Ferrari engine within it. It could be modified, and if modifications are known it's surely possible, but then you have to look at a few other things and get a guy on the ground to "check" for signs of modifications.

think of a AR-15, most people expect it to shoot 556-22lr you can modify it yeah, but signs of modifications are visible and the changes are visible, but on missiles it could be harder to detect, but it's possible to detect it with photos such as platform mods, payload mods, structure mods.

Is anyone else slightly concerned about this

Aside from the political aspect, this is bound to have a fucking terrible impact on the environment
Yes that has been concerning me. I’m not sure how much methane this is in the global scheme of things, but it can’t be good.

Is anyone else slightly concerned about this

Aside from the political aspect, this is bound to have a fucking terrible impact on the environment
Very troublesome, but wonder how much the water and the aerating going on at the surface are helping to filter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.